Friday, July 10, 2009

Pray for me........


As an addendum to today's events it was reveled that BHO delivered a letter from Ted Kennedy to his Holiness requesting the prayers of the Bishop of Rome. (Ted as you know is in God's waiting room, waiting for his number to be called.)

I am not going to suggest that Ben XVI burn that letter, he is much to charitable for that and I am sure that his Holiness will be praying for the Senator from Massachusetts, but it does show that Teddy has a big set of balls.

For years Ted has been "outside the lines" with the church. His divorce, his support of abortion and stem cell research, his possible murder of a woman, covering up a rape and other matters. Ted has been one of these Catholics in name only and does not deserve any special treatment.

Now whether Ted makes it to heaven is not my call. Our God is a forgiving God and who knows who you will see up there if you make it. But somehow, you just have to stop and wonder about someone who has thumbed his nose at the church his whole life, who makes himself out to being such a "staunch" Catholic, you have to wonder if there is not a warmer place for him in his future. Unless Ted has already made has made his peace, if I were him I would be sending out a letter and taking full page ads out begging for people to pray for me. If Ted is truly sorry for all his "transgressions," then I have been told the Lord will see into his heart and offer forgiveness. If not, then it's the express elevator down to the basement to meet other "notables" there.

I read that his niece Katherine Kennedy Townsend said recently that BHO is more like the Catholics in America and they associate with him because of that. If that is true then I would say that they like "Uncle Ted" are not true Catholics and should find another denomination that fits their needs.

As I have said previously, if you want to be a Catholic, then you know you have to follow the teachings of the church. No one is holding a gun to your head, you can leave at anytime. Jim Jones is not the Pope and we don't serve cool-aide here. Find a church that you like, one that doesn't have all those "messy" and "inconvenient" rules and be happy.

In the meantime I am going to start praying for Ted, trying to save him from the fiery fires of Hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers