Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Random Thoughts Edition



McNulty v Roethlisberger

I was trying to avoid this, but here we go.......Stiller quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is the defendant in a civil lawsuit filed by one Andrea McNulty (pictured above) of Reno NV. Ms. McNulty claims that she was sexually assaulted and raped by the two time Super Bowl Champion last year in a hotel that she worked in. By now you have read or heard all the gory details so I won't go into them here.

While the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette does not name "victims" of sexual assaults, Ms. McNulty has filed a civil action in open court, therefore in the eyes of this correspondent, has given up her right to any protection of her name. Ms. McNulty did not file her case under "Jane Doe" or ask that her name be protected and several other news organizations have published her name.

I am a sports fan. I am not part of the "Stiller Nation" as I am not that big a fan of professional football in general and (gasp, blasphemy) the "Stillers" in particular. In fact I will not go to a Steeler game at Heinz Field because the fans there are too freaking annoying and/or drunk. Anyone who knows me knows that I am a hockey fan and college football fan. I have though known and been friends with several professional football players over the years. I have never met Mr. Roethlisberger and my knowledge of him comes from what I read in the local rags and hear on the local news. I do know several people who have met and/or are friends with "Big Ben." Most of them tell me he's alright, a little cocky, but an OK guy. If you won two Super Bowls, you might be a little cocky too.

I would be very surprised if any of the allegations were true. Mr. Roethlisberger appears to be fairly level headed and appears to be smart enough to know the money would dry up if he conducted himself in an unprofessional manner, ah la Michael Vick. I also wonder about the young lady and her motives as well as the fact she did not seek medical attention or contact the police. I also wonder why she just filed a "civil" case and not a "criminal" one as well.

Time will tell if this case has any merit.

Specter Now Neck and Neck With Toomey.

Benedict Arnold Specter who left the Republican party because he didn't want the people who supported him for 20+ years deciding his fate in the 2010 election, is now neck and neck with GOP challenger Pat Toomey. The poll released on Wednesday shows Specter with 45% compared with Toomey at 44%. In May, Specter had 46% and Toomey had 37%.

Republicans don't like Specter. Democrats don't trust Specter. Even with the planned support of BHO, Specter is toast. He will NOT be re-elected.

Healthcare Update

Queen Nancy says she has the votes and BHO says that the "stars are aligned" for 1/6th of America's economy to be turned over to him. Even some democrats say it ain't goin' happen. From their lips to God's ears.

Dr. Gates

Speaking of BHO, during his faux press conference on Wednesday night, he was asked his opinion of the Dr. Gates' situation in Cambridge. BHO said that the "cambridge police acted stupidly" in their arrest of Dr. Gates. I'll leave that for you to draw your own conclusions.

Late Night TV

A recent poll of late night viewers shows that since Leno went off the air, 70% are going to bed and hour earlier.

Letterman is phoning it in and has been for the last 10 years, O'Brien just doesn't do it for me.

As the words on Mel Blanc's tombstone say......"That's All Folks."




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers