Sunday, August 16, 2009

More Things I think I think Edition

*At this point I am sick and tired of talking about the Health Care debate. I'm sick of hearing idiots like Specter dismissing his constituents and I am sick of hearing the left making light of the protest. If anything REAL develops, I'll make a comment on it, but until then, I'll just keep one eye on it.

*Again I'm watching ABC News (why I have no idea) and to show you how the media is trying it's hardest to make race an issue I offer this.

Sunday night there was a report about National Parks and the visitors there. I should say, the lack of visitors. According to this report, they were lamenting the fact that only 1% of the visitors there were black. They were "probing" for reasons why black people don't go to National Parks. One of the reason they came up with (and I am not making this up) was because going out and visiting these parks reminded black people of slavery! You see when they are out in the country, it reminds them of the time when they were forced to work the fields for the white man.

OK, again I must be insensitive here and take issue with this theory. Again, I am not black. I have not lived the life of a black man and I have not been held in the bonds of slavery, BUT NEITHER has 99.9% of the black population alive today! How is going to a National Park, walking through the woods and enjoying what God has made going to make ANYONE including someone that has NEVER been forced into slavery think about slavery?

Am I missing something here?

If you have never lived that life, how in the hell can you associate with that life? Who alive is or has lived that life? For God's sake, we are like 150 years past that! Let us stop playing the race card and stop TRYING to be victims and move ahead with our lives. Not everyone likes doing the same thing and not everyone has the same taste.

I like to go camping. To a point. I don't mind sleeping in a tent as long as I can stand up in it. I will sleep on the floor of a tent, but prefer a cot. My wife's idea of camping and roughing it is the Motel 6. I like hiking through the woods, some people don't. I would like to travel down Route 66 and explore the past, some wouldn't. Some would like to see the world's largest ball of string, I could care less. I love hockey, some people believe it or not don't.

Why would ABC News even THINK to do a story on something like that? Because BHO "looked out of place" when he and his family visited a National Park? Give me a freaking break! Just report the news and don't try to MAKE UP news!

*A little birdie tells me that the Republicans have a really good chance to take BHO's former Senate seat Illinois. That would be something that would get the talking heads wagging their tongues.

*This past weekend has been a big one for Michael Vick. You all have heard the story, the crimes he was convicted of and the horrible acts that went on at his farm in Virginia. There has been an outcry from people that he should not be let back into the NFL. I saw him on Sunday night on 60 Minutes and whatever you think of him, he "manned up" and took responsibility for the actions. Vick blamed no one but himself and said that he was "ashamed" of himself. Tony Dungy who is perhaps one of the premier "class acts" of the NFL is not mentoring him at the request of the NFL Commissioner. Apparently Mr. Dungy has been counseling Vick for a while now and feels that he deserves a second chance.

While I detest and deplore the actions of Mr. Vick, I agree with Mr. Dingy. Michael Vick has served his time, lost his endorsements and has paid a heavy price for his crimes. He deserves a second chance and if he has true remorse, we will all know. For now, he deserves to be allowed back into the NFL.

*Let's get out there and visit a National Park!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers