Wednesday, September 23, 2009

GOING GREEN EDITION


Let It All Hang Out







Greenpeace are the first of the freaks to try and disturb the residents of the city. This morning they hung a banner off of the West End Bridge on the Ohio River. A few of their co-horts were arrested on the Fort Duquesne Bridge trying unfurl another banner. For several hours police negotiated with the bridge hangers about coming up and surrendering to the police. A special report by a reporter-ette for WPXI said that the police were very respectful to the protesters and the protesters were very cordial to the police.

Their spokesman said that the police just needed to "Step back, take a deep breath and let the protesters exercise their right to protest."

WARNING WARNING WARNING

INSENSITIVE REMARKS COMING

WARNING WARNING WARNING

Their right to protest? When you hang off a bridge, blocking traffic and disrupting everyone's life, you are no longer just protesting.

Me? I would have taken my ten inch "Rambo" knife out and cut the rope letting these protesters drop into the river. They wouldn't have drowned as the Coast Guard and Pittsburgh River Rescue were under the bridge, but traffic wouldn't have been disrupted as long as it was and people who are out WORKING and MAKING A LIVING wouldn't have had to put up with this nonsense.

Please give me a moment to pull my knuckles up off the ground so I can continue.

The funny thing about all of this is that these protesters have been arrested, will spend some time in the pokey and pay a fine ALL FOR A CAUSE THAT DOESN'T EXIST!

Global warming has been debunked, it' junk science and it doesn't exist. So these little bunch of freaks will waste the police's time and resources to unfurl a banner that doesn't matter.

Time For A Cute Little Story About Greenpeace

Several years ago, somehow or another I got put onto Greenpeace's mailing list. I would get these letters with pictures of whales and baby seals asking me to send a donation to help Greenpeace in their efforts. In the self addressed stamped envelope I would enclose a nice letter (It really was) saying that I did not believe in their cause and would they please remove me from their mailing list.

The second time, the letter was a little stronger, but the message was the same. The third time, I got a large box that a pair of boots came in. I loaded it with bricks, wrapped the box and affixed the self addressed stamped envelope onto the box. I gleefully took it down to the Post-Office. I giggled as the Mailman asked me what was in the box. I told him flat out what it was. It was bricks. He laughed and I asked him how much this was going to cost Greenpeace. It was well over $30! Needless to say, I was removed from their mailing list.

Oh, it also worked with the RNC.

Speaking of people who's cause has passed


Al "The Earth Has A Fever" Gore will be in town tonight spreading his own special brand of manure all over Point State Park. He will hold a "Global Whatever" rally in the park, there's suppose to be musical acts, but all I have seen is the clowns.

Now I may be an "Evil Conservative, but I actually do like the Earth that God has created and where I live. I know that comes as a shock to most liberals, but conservatives drink the same water, breath the same air and believe it or not, like to have both clean. Being a member of the scouts for many years I follow the "Leave No Trace" program. We leave wherever we have been the way it was, if not cleaner. We don't dump garbage in the parks and we don't take a dump in the rivers. No one in their right mind doesn't want clean air and water and no one wants to see the earth blow up. We just aren't freaks who don't have anything else to do but protest.



Like this freak from "Everybody's Kitchen" the group from Montana who as Johnny Mac (and I HATE giving this clown any free publicity) are being harassed by the Pittsburgh Police who are using their "Gestapo" and "Storm Trooper" tactics on. (Take a look at that bus, that's the good one!) This is the group that "Just wants to feed people." That's what Burger King and McDonald's are in business for.

As I have said, I am all for protest. Right now I'd like to protest the fact that most of these freaks need a bath. The sixties have come and gone, as are the "valid" causes they protested.




If they are serious about making the world a better place, they could get a job, buy the world a Coke and protest what really matters! Protest the out of control government spending, the government taking over industries they have no business in being involved in, bailing out the real crooks in Wall Street and in Congress. How about real and MEANINGFUL reform of the health care system and not just taking over 1/6th of the economy and giving everyone the same crappy coverage? How about securing our borders so we have an idea who is crossing them and what they are carrying?
Just a SAMPLE of what the visiting delegations will be getting in their "goodie bag". They can get a "personalized" Pittsburgh Penguin Jersey or an autographed puck, a Terrible Towel and an autographed Pittsburgh Pirate hat. Can't you just imagine seeing Angela Merkel in a Penguin Jersey? I don't even want to know where Nicolas Sarkozy and Silvio Berlusconi will use their Terrible Towels. As for the Pirate hat, to use an old Beano Cook line, haven't they suffered enough?


From my undisclosed location I am being told that the Saudi delegation is on it's way to the city. Time to go and see the guys with the nice bath robes and towels.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers